Whether you're putting your house on the market soon or planning to stay in it until retirement, bathroom renovations are to your advantage. They can increase the value of your house and make your bathroom a relaxing space that you don't mind spending time in. But which projects should you choose to take on? Here are the top 10 bathroom remodeling trends to consider.
1. Shower stall upgrade. From walk-ins to frameless glass to steam showers, homeowners everywhere are realizing that showers are more important than ever. In fact, some people are getting rid of the tub altogether.
2. Heated floors. What could be better on a chilly morning than the feel of toasty warm tiles on your bare feet? Radiant heating can add a bit of luxury to your space without changing its aesthetic.
3. Private toilet. A privacy wall surrounding your toilet or a separate toilet room altogether can offer you more peace and quiet in a master bathroom, where your partner may need to use the sink or shower while you're taking care of business.
4. Two vanities. His and hers vanities are big these days, as homeowners are realizing that it's nice having your own space that's free from your partner's toiletries. You'll have your own storage space and a sink that won't ever be occupied by someone else.
5. Multiple showerheads. If you've ever had to vie for space underneath the showerhead, multiple heads could solve the problem. Whether overhead or mounted on the wall, you'll have a better experience.
6. High-class tiles. If your tiles have seen better days, there are plenty of options. Richly textured tiles, mosaics and subway tiles are all trendy and they can help improve a bathroom's decor.
7. Eco-friendly features. Anything that helps reduce your carbon footprint is big these days when it comes to bathroom utilities. From low-flow fixtures to on-demand hot water, you'll be doing yourself and the planet a favor with these upgrades.
8. Steam. For either showers or baths, steam is an attractive option that can help you de-stress and unwind at the end of a long day.
9. Improved lighting. Get rid of any harsh overhead lights and replace them with fancier fixtures like chandeliers or wall sconces. A dimmer switch makes it easy to customize the brightness to your preference.
10. Extra storage. Shelving, cabinetry and other types of storage space is nice to have in a bathroom, and it'll ensure that the area never gets cluttered.
Labels: Steam Showers