If you're a single guy who just moved into a new place, or think your bathroom could use a bit of sprucing up, there are plenty of ways to improve the appearance of a bachelor pad's bathroom. Not only will you be able to appreciate the improved space, but any lady visitors won't be scared off or become skeptical of your hygiene when they enter. Here are several ways to jazz up your throne room.
1. Start with a thorough cleaning. Eliminate mold, mildew, dirt and grime from every inch of the space as thoroughly as possible. If some of your bathroom accessories are beyond saving, toss them and buy new ones.
2. Paint the walls. Earthy neutral tones are always a safe bet, and they'll look more inviting than a stark white space, especially if your bathtub and sink are white as well.
3. Buy fresh towels. If you've been relying on a mishmash of towels to dry off with, it's time to invest in a legitimate set. Get a hue that matches the colors of the room or opt for black, which is a classic shade that won't show stains. Also, be sure to install a few towel racks - there's nothing less sexy than a pile of towels on the floor.
4. Consider a new mirror. If you have a dinky mirror that's seen better days, your visitors will appreciate an upgrade. Most women like to have a sizeable mirror to look at when they're freshening up their makeup or getting ready for bed.
5. Streamline your toiletries. Anything that hasn't been used in several months should be tossed out. You might even want to invest in some luxurious-looking bottles for your existing toiletries, as uniformity will help give the space a classier vibe. Also, consider buying a bottle of conditioner if you don't have one already - it's one thing many women wish they had in a guy's shower.
6. Get a bathmat. If you're always having to deal with a wet floor, the logical solution is to buy a mat that will soak it up when you step out of the shower. It's also a nice thing to have when tile floors get chilly in the winter.
7. Go for the gusto with fresh flowers. If you know a female guest will be coming over to your place, impress her by placing a small vase of flowers on your bathroom vanity. It'll speak to your romantic side.
Labels: Remodelling Tips and Trends